Saturday 4 December 2010

"Zeds Dead Baby"

2 weeks left over here in the UK and my arsenal of dubstep tunes continues to stockpile.  Not a ton of new music over the past few days so I felt I would do a little special on one of my favorite current artists.  Borrowing their name from a classic line in "Pulp Fiction", Zeds Dead is made of 2 bros that hail from Ontario, Canada.  Like another famous Canadian in the electronic music industry (his name rhymes with Bedhau5), these guys took their genre and tweaked it to set themselves apart while at the same time innovating the genre as a whole.  Their tunes are a lot more melodic than most dubstep and employ a lot more vocal samples throughout their songs (some even have lyrics!).  Anyways, they have blown up over the past year and here I have some of their best jams (in my opinion) for you with a brief reasoning of why each one is so dank, enjoy and if you know any more good Zeds Dead tunes, tell me!  Send me an email or comment on this post.

P.S. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE ON THE POLL to the right, I will do a super mega ultra amazing lengthy post with a dickload of tunes for the winner when the voting period is over.

Zeds Dead - White Satin
First Zeds Dead song I heard, had me hooked right away.  Killer vocal sample and very melodic, upbeat tune.  If there is ever such thing as a "feel-good" dubstep song, this is it.

Zeds Dead - Dark Side Dub
I have been waiting for a song to use some Star Wars samples, and Zeds Dead executed it to perfection in this jam.  THE POWAAAA!

Dragonette - Volcano (Zeds Dead Remix)
The great female vocals of Dragonette meet the wub-your-face-off beats of Zeds Dead.  Match made in heaven.  There's even a little bit of the 4 to the floor trademark house music drum beat in there.

Zeds Dead - Out for Blood (ft. Omar Linx)
That's right, this song actually has verses in it (and damn good ones too!), which makes this song not only wubtastic and bangin' but catchy as shit and something you can actually sing along with.  I'm telling you this is the future of hip hop music, every artist out there is going to want to rap over dubstep beats in the near future.  You just watch...

1 comment: