Monday 11 October 2010

"Eleanor Rigby" Dubstep/Electro Remixes

I have been working on adapting scenes from Christopher Buckley's "Thank You For Smoking" into brief screenplays for my screenwriting class for the past few hours (yeah, I know it's already a movie, that's what I fucking told my Professor) and have found myself trapped listening to nothing but the Beatles for the entirety of it.  I was curious if anyone ever remixed any of the Beatles classic tunes and this is what I found.  Eleanor Rigby (one of my favorite Beatles songs I might add) has a few great dubstep mixes and one sweet electro remix that I found.  As is the case with the original song, these are some real chilled out tunes, they don't really bang incredibly hard but that's not what I was looking for, they are all just genuinely good tracks. Alright, back to work.  Peace

The Beatles - Eleanor Rigby (ITAR Dubstep Mix)
This is, in my opinion, the best of all 3 remixes.  Doesn't get too hectic and sticks to the original song pretty good while working in the wobble bass at key moments.  Best drum track out of all 3 as well.

The Beatles - Eleanor Rigby (MXWL Dubstep Remix)
The other dubstep remix I have for you.  Uses the strings from the original track wonderfully and layers the shit out of the various parts of the original song, pretty great stuff.  Let it wobble.

The Beatles - Eleanor Rigby (Thoko Remix)
Electro remix this time.  If you were to consider any of these a banger it would be this one.  Has a nice electro feel to it, good synth track in the background.  Strays pretty far from the original though, it only really uses one line in the whole song over and over, but a fair amount of electro songs tend to do that, so I'm cool with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment